Haiti Partners

Friday, May 16, 2014

This June in Hispaniola: a journey to witness racial reconciliation through the lenses of Jesus' love and the commitment to common service.

一年多過後,再次來到這裡。感觸良多。記錄的不僅是回憶,還有曾經努力的點點滴滴跟神提醒我不曾言棄的時時刻刻。人生中的dash,讓它繼續為愛而延續吧。

This is my first time officially coming back to this blog and making it alive again. It's always interesting to look back at the past and see where I am at today. I was reminded of the moments when I set my eyes on the goal and kept running. I was reminded of the moments when God, through His own special ways, told me to never give up. I was reminded of the moments when I checked my email and someone had donated to my cause. There was so much community, so much communications, so much willingness to give. I was truly humbled by all.

This past January, I had the opportunity to go to Jamaica with BC Arrupe Program. What an experience it was! To sum everything up in three phrases: violence there are, love still, hope always.

On this upcoming service trip to Haiti and DR in June, I can not wait to see what God has in stored for us. I truly believe that God is the Alpha who started the mission and we are just part of the mission to advocate for justice. One day, Jesus will come back and accomplish the mission of the Kingdom work. For now, I just want to offer myself to be a part of this mission by serving others.

Besides God's Words, I will carry these two quotes with me:



“If you've come here to help me, you're wasting your time. But if you've come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.”

― Australian Aboriginal Elder Lilla Watson

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will."
― 
 E.E. Hale 

No comments:

Post a Comment