Counting down 5 days until my team and I leave for Hispaniola. I do not feel physically ready yet. I just caught a flu a few days ago and I've been coughing for a while now. Please pray for me!
On a spiritual level, I've been preparing my heart for this trip since the moment I signed up. It just felt so right: social justice and faith. This service trip combines what I learned at BC, my passion for social justice, and my faith in God. I will document this journey with a journal (of course) and my new camera! I can not wait to compile all the stories and photos as a presentation! My secret dream of being a photojournalist is coming true!!! :)
Here is a summary of our trip:
May 28-May 30: conference with NEGII Institute to prepare ourselves for the trip
May 31: Fly to Santo Domingo, DR. Meet ADEE students. Meet host families.
June 1-2: Orientation
June 3: Bus to Port Au Prince and Leogane, Haiti
June 4-10: Work with Haiti Partners in local schools. Meet local community. Meet seminary students.
June 11: Bus to Elias Pina, DR
June 12-18: Work with Food for the Hungry in community development. Meet local community.
June 19-22: mid project retreat.
June 23-27: Outreach with ADEE at Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo
June 28: Clean up and fare well. Fly to Boston.
June 29: arrive in Boston (AM)
Counting down and pray with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment